The short answer to the question of how long it takes to clean carpets: from 5 minutes to 3 days. It depends on the size of the area to be cleaned, its condition, and the objects that are in the way of the cleaner (e.g. tables and chairs). There is also the time needed for drying the carpets, which must be added to the service time.
There are several factors that can affect the length of time it takes to clean a carpet and the time it takes to dry the carpet.
1. the size of the area to be cleaned – a rule of thumb for carpet cleaning is 20 minutes per room for smaller rooms (bedrooms, hallways) and 30 minutes per room for larger rooms (bedrooms, living rooms, etc.). However, this is only a rule of thumb and should not be relied upon. If the carpet is heavily soiled, has stains, or simply hasn’t been cleaned in a long time, multiple passes over the same areas will be required, extending the cleaning time. Each pass of the vacuum cleaner also increases the drying time. Visit Also: Carpet cleaning in Surry hills
2. carpet condition – as mentioned earlier, heavily soiled, greasy, or simply stubborn stains can make carpet cleaning very time-consuming. Basically, dirtier carpets require a more thorough approach, including pre-spraying and perhaps even agitation with a special machine. This can take another 10 to 20 minutes per room, apart from the preparation time, which can also take a few minutes.
3. What material the carpet is made of – Natural fibers take longer to dry than synthetic fibers and require a different approach. Natural fibers are more delicate. They are also not stained and grease-resistant like most man-made fibers. In general, natural fibers such as wool require more rigorous care and more frequent cleaning to maintain their appearance.
4. applying additional solutions – Depending on the condition of your carpet and your needs, carpet cleaning may require additional steps – pre-spraying before cleaning or applying a protectant after cleaning. Each of these steps applies more liquid to the carpet and creates more moisture that must dry. These steps can add up to a half-hour to carpet cleaning and two hours or more to drying time.
5. Weather Conditions – Weather conditions do not greatly affect the duration of carpet cleaning (although bad weather can affect the preparation time for cleaning. As it is more difficult to get everything ready at this time). However, drying time is greatly affected by weather conditions. Carpets are cleaned indoors. If the weather is cold, rainy, or even very damp. There is no way to ventilate the room and let fresh air in. Good ventilation will help the carpet dry faster, while poor ventilation can significantly increase drying time. Drying time can even double if the house is very cold and there is little air movement.
6. Air Movement – a carpet in a well-ventilated room with several windows or even a ceiling fan will dry faster. Than in an enclosed room with no air movement. If your carpet cleaner can afford it. They will sometimes set up multiple fans to dry carpets in the winter to shorten the drying time. Not all carpet cleaners do this. If this is important to you, you should ask about it before making an appointment. This can significantly reduce drying time if the weather requires the house to remain closed (and there is no ventilation system – an HVAC unit that can be turned on, or a fan to ventilate the rooms).
How long will it take to clean my carpets?
We recommend allowing 1.5-2 hours for cleaning and 6-8 hours for drying your carpets (but depending on conditions, it could be up to 24 hours). If you have the option, choose warmer weather to clean your carpets.
Even though cleaning takes a lot of time, it is worth your time. All odors will be eliminated, the carpets will be refreshed and your home will feel fresh.
For more information regarding professional cleaning services in Sydney please visit our website: https://www.cleancouchessydney.com.au/