Cakes are a versatile dessert for all occasions. You can avoid other sweets, but cake is a compulsory item on birthdays, anniversaries, graduation parties, farewell and freshers parties etc. You cannot proceed to a function without a cake cutting ceremony. Without a cake ceremony, it feels like something major is missing.
We humans love cakes so much that even at festivals we choose cake as a dessert. Occasions like Christmas, good Fridays are incomplete without a cake.
Every time it is not possible to buy a cake from bakeries because of the rising price. If you have a sweet tooth and like to have cake on almost all occasions, but are also concerned about money and health, don’t worry, we have got you covered.
Here we have a recipe to bake a cake at home. You must be thinking that it requires fancy appliances to be made, then you are wrong. We have a pressure cooker cake recipe for you by which you can bake a cake every now and then without much effort and needing fancy appliances. So read the complete article to get to know the recipe and enjoy a self-made cake at home.
If you don’t want to bake a cake, then you can order it online. You can get cakes online also via the online cake delivery system.
*The history of cake is almost 4000 years old and it was first introduced by Romans.
Ingredients for a pressure cooker cake-
All Purpose Flour- 1 ½ cups
Baking Soda- ½ tsp
Baking Powder- 1 ¼ tsp
Sugar- ¾ cup
Oil- ½ cup
Milk- 1 cup
Salt- 1 pinch
Vinegar- 1 ¼ tsp
Vanilla Extract- 2 tsps
- First of all, you need a cake tray which you have to grease with butter and cover it with parchment paper.
- Keep this tray aside for a while.
- Now you need to add salt to the pressure cooker and spread it evenly.
- Now put a hot-pot stand inside the cooker.
- Next remove the rubber and the whistle from the cooker lid.
- Now cover the cooker with the lid and put it on a medium flame.
- To make the cake batter, you need to mix milk, sugar, vanilla, and vinegar in a bowl and mix it well until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in the same bowl.
- Mix it well, until the flour is combined properly.
- Don’t over mix the batter.
- Now pour this mixture to the tray that you have greased earlier.
*26th November is celebrated as National Cake day.
- Now place this tray on the hot-pot stand in the pressure cooker. Make sure the cooker is hot by this time.
- Cover the cooker with the lid without the rubber and whistle.
- You need to bake the cake for at least an hour on a low flame.
- To check whether the cake is cooked completely or not, take a toothpick and pierce it. If it comes out clean, it means your cake is completely cooked.
- The top of the cake must be dry and look golden brown. If the cake is somewhat moist, cook it again for a few minutes.
- Take out the tray from the cooker with the help of a heat pad and let the cake cool down for a while at room temperature for 10-12 minutes.
- Now remove the cake from the tray.
Your cake is ready to be served. To make it look attractive, you can frost it with the icing of your choice. You can get the icing material from the market or you can even make it at home. You check the recipe to make icings online on youtube.
Tip- Instead of cakes, you can send flowers to your loved ones via online delivery systems. There is a facility to send flowers to India from the UK.
*Cake symbolises the cyclical nature of life.
So that was all about the pressure cooker cake recipe. I hope you liked it and will try it at your home. This Corona has made us avoid having food stuff from the market. So this pressure cooker cake recipe will come handy on different occasions. With this recipe in hand, you will not have to compromise at the celebrations without a cake.